<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4133601523631566380?origin\x3dhttp://tylerguyn.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Today is the Tenth of August.
(ars poetica)

there is an old man
on the bench at the bus stop
on the corner
where I wait for the traffic light to change.
he seems tired
and almost convincingly alone.
I say to him,
“good morning, sir.”
he sighs and responds,
“it is.”

a pigeon skips across the sidewalk
and I gather my scarf
tight around my neck
against the cold bite of air.
I continue,
“how are you?”
he sighs and responds,
“I was tired –”
his voice is flat and drips
messy from his chin
like lemon juice,
“I was tired but couldn’t
sleep, so I decided to save the world.”

green light.

– Jason Charlie Grant

Today's inspiration for me. This is a poem from my university's monthly photography/short story/ poem circular called "The Cat's Figment." pretty interesting stuff, all submitted by students who go here. Maybe I'll post more next month?
Home | Next

Post a Comment